If you’re involved in a dispute or need to defend a claim we can assist.
In the event of dispute resolution and litigation our approach is to look at your circumstances holistically and devise a plan for an amicable resolution to your conflict. We aim to take over your worries and concerns, and strive to obtain your desired outcome.
We have the necessary experience to resolve disputes early. In fact, nowadays a Court will usually only hear a matter after the parties have attempted to try and resolve it themselves.
There are certain time limits when taking a matter to Court. The time limits usually depend on what your legal claim is. There are also important dates to remember to do certain things, such as file documents with the Court. If you or your lawyer forgets to do this then it will affect your case.
We offer assistance with:
- Contractual advice
- Contract disputes
- Commercial disputes
- Allegations of negligence
- Enforcement of court orders
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Small claims
If you have an overdue debt, have damaged an individual’s property or have injured someone you might be sued and we can assist to act quickly on your behalf and finalise the matter so you can move forward in your life.
If you have been given Court documents it is essential that you act quickly ad follow the suggested tips below:
- Be aware of the time you have to file a response to the Court, in order to admit or defend the claim.
- Promptly lodge an acknowledgement document with the Court.
- If you choose to defend the matter, your initial documents will be some of the most important documents in your case, so it is important that careful and considered documents are presented.
- If you fail to respond to a claim that has been served on you within the appropriate time, the other party can apply to the Court for a 'default judgment'.